- Director, Marketing
Strategy and New Product Development
- Work with VP to develop category and new product strategies in line with the founders’ vision.
- Leverage competitive analysis, internal sales data, and category and consumer insights to influence or validate business decisions.
- Partner closely with Product Development and Education on new product concepts, positioning, development, communication of benefits, and differentiation vs. internal and external benchmarks.
- Perform pricing and COG analyses in conjunction with PD/Ops to position products competitively in the market and maintain favorable margins.
- Drive promotional strategy and development of unique sets/gifts, GWPs, PWPs, and innovative sampling, closely tied to seasonal and retailer calendars to drive trial, recruitment and sales, while maintaining favorable balance with Saleable business and protecting brand equity. Conduct competitive analyses, recommend set assortments and SRPs, and determine sampling allocation.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing/ E-Commerce on CRM initiatives and execution.
- Maintain marketing calendars.
- Stays abreast of competitive activity, product innovations, and beauty and lifestyle trends.
Go-To-Market Planning and Execution
- Develop innovative, engaging support plans, brief internal partner groups and external agencies, and coordinate development of all support elements (Digital, Creative, Merchandising, PR, Education, Events, sampling, etc.)
- Work closely with Digital, PR, and Education on the communication strategy, and ensure consistent messaging across all consumer touch points.
- Provide strategic input and business analysis to Creative to aid in the development of POS/ Merchandising guidelines for the various channels of distribution.
- Drive the program development process with close attention to detail, and collaborate with all cross-functional team members to ensure flawless, timely execution.
- Tailor programs to different channels (Retail, Wholesale, Distributor) and deliver on time for market activation.
- Initiate and manage cross-functional meetings as needed, continually monitoring the process.
- Track budgeted spend.
Presentation and Communication with the Field
- Clearly and effectively communicate program, category, and market plans to the field in a timely manner via weekly sales meetings, weekly regional calls, and ongoing ad hoc communication and distribution of marketing and sales programming materials.
- Prepare Annual Sales Meeting presentation(s) and any additional support materials for internal sales teams and external retailers and distributors on an as-needed basis.
Reporting and Analysis
- Collaborate with Sales and Finance to ensure all sales reporting is current and set up for robust ongoing analysis.
- Track performance of new launches and promotions, for continual learning and optimization. Recap findings and present recommendations to management.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed to inform business decisions.
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- 6+ years of experience working in marketing/ brand management.
- Beauty experience a MUST; prestige/luxury brand experience preferred.
- Position requires a high level of creativity and thorough knowledge in all areas of marketing, including the ability to develop and implement innovative marketing programs and knowledge of marketing trends and consumer tastes specific to the Malin+Goetz channels.
- Knowledge of the functions of product development, packaging, design, advertising, sales, and social media and their effect on product marketability.
- Proven ability to review budgets, sales and marketing related activity to coordinate a successful marketing program.
- Self-starter who takes a proactive approach to ensure all deliverables are met. Exhibits strong leadership and project and time management skills.
- Ability to lead across a small, cross-functional team; develop respect and camaraderie; build and maintain good rapport with internal team and external agencies; and work with and through others to achieve brand and financial goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities without losing attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Highly resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passionate with a high level of curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong cultural awareness.
- Experience/ adaptability to a small, fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge and comfort with information retrieval systems.
- Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing and E-Commerce
- Develop and implement robust digital and social marketing strategies to drive users to online and instore properties, and generate revenue.
- Maintain monthly and seasonal planning calendars, work with cross-functional team (Brand Marketing, Education, PR, Creative) to develop concepts, and lead execution of all initiatives internally and externally with agencies, ensuring flawless execution and on-time delivery.
- Lead social media strategy, as well as social media buying and content creation on applicable channels that result in measurable online and in store sales conversions.
- Manage complete scope of work, briefs to agencies, delivery and organization of assets, creative production, technical build and development and QA phase of all digital projects.
- Develop customer acquisition strategies (SEO, SEM, targeted display / RTB, affiliate marketing, and retargeting).
- Monitor social and digital trends and recommend emerging opportunities internally to Management.
- Proactively manage external agencies.
- Manage Digital Marketing budget.
- Own and manage the day-to-day activities of the e-commerce marketing and sales platforms.
- Develop and execute effective e-mail marketing campaigns to support the overarching brand and sales objectives.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, PR, Customer Service and Inventory teams to manage the customer experience through content, navigation, inventory and information architecture for optimal site performance and functionality.
- Develop CRM programs. Translate data into actionable insights to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Manage and update online brand image, content and product assortment/promotions across all platforms - internally and with retail partners.
Reporting & Optimization
- Analyze online performance weekly and monthly. Recommend strategic and tactical changes to drive sales and profitability, for example by increasing visitors, capturing larger average order sizes and managing margin performance.
- Measure performance of e-commerce and digital marketing campaigns, and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs). Present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Identify and action opportunities to improve and optimize performance of paid social and digital media campaigns.
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- 5+ years of experience working in digital marketing, digital media and/or e-commerce.
- Beauty and/or prestige/luxury brand experience preferred.
- Experience in or adaptability to a high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and executing social/digital campaigns, and managing an e-commerce business with superior ROI.
- Proven track record in managing SEO, SEM, affiliate marketing, retargeting, RTB, email, display, search, social and mobile marketing advertising.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering results.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in social and digital analytics, including but not limited to site traffic, conversion, spend, click-through rate, etc.
- Strong oral & written communication skills with the ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and Global team as well as external vendors.
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Web content software experience required. Magneto Enterprise experience a plus.
- Junior Designer
Salary: Entry level or commensurate with experience
Looking for a versatile designer to support the design director, building packaging, visual merchandising and promotional assets for the overall brand.
Work with design director, digital team, copywriter, and intern to produce an array of design content for use across platforms including but not limited to direct mail, CRM, digital experiences, social media and POS media for brick and mortar stores.
- Work will include photo manipulation, typography and web layout.
- Follow creative/art direction responsibly and effectively.
- Work in a fast group dynamic, and actively participate on any given project or team to which assigned.
- Uphold graphic aesthetic and integrity of the brand while producing a high volume of new assets, that are extensions of the brand.
- Execute multiple projects at once and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Maintain a familiarity with social media, digital trends, and other web-based media.
- Be able to voice an opinion on style and aesthetic.
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Must be a team player, and open to working in a collaborative environment
- 1-2 years of design experience within an agency atmosphere
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of keynote and/or powerpoint is greatly appreciated
- Ability to work quickly and handle multiple projects at once while maintaining organization
- Being self-sufficient will be integral
- Open and receptive to creative direction and design feedback
- Must love dogs, or at least-be able to tolerate them running around the office
- Part Time Sales Specialist
Salary: Entry Level or Commensurate with Experience
MALIN+GOETZ is looking for a dynamic Retail Sales Specialist that is focused, motivated and assertive to join our team as selling support at our Bloomingdale's and Barneys New York locations. Ideal candidates are interested to grow with us into energetic sales specialists who are passionate about people, skincare, and MALIN+GOETZ. This position will maximize sales goals, training, education, merchandising, and new opportunities for long term advancement.
Our Retail Sales Specialists possess a sincere understanding and appreciation of the MALIN+GOETZ culture, strengths, and mission to build relationships and grow our business. You must be an independent, self-starter, dynamic, persuasive and articulate while focused on sales goals and results within our company parameters.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, independent and directed to assigned sales goals
- Ability to recognize and courteously adapt communication and sales approach to distinct personalities and accounts
- Developing new and creative strategies to obtain additional business from present and prospective customers
- Ability to create and recognize marketing and promotional opportunities to increase brand awareness and sales
- Productively schedule time and organize priorities
- Retail sales experience is helpful but not required